It's been a long couple of days. We left Pennsylvania at five in the morning and finally arrived home in Tampa at ten at night. We only stopped three times, didn't argue once, and fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Needless to say, I'm still slightly exhausted today.
But in a good way. It feels good to be back. My goal for the week is to find a place for all of my things, or should I say, books. I brought quite a number of them to my new home. I think a bookshelf is now on our future purchase list.
With the new year almost upon us, I've been reflecting on 2013 a lot lately. It's been a whirlwind of a year. I became legal last January, moved into a new apartment with E, started a small jewelry business, graduated college, and have finally moved to Tampa.
I really wanted to come up with a great resolution list for the new year, but I'm not so sure I have it all figured out yet. There are few really important things: work on my jewelry business, be more patient, find a full-time job. But there are a number of smaller goals bouncing around in my mind as well. I guess I'll share them?
1. Buy a jewelry workbench that fits in our tiny apartment.
2. Take a metal-smithing class (or two).
3. Officially brand my business and new logo.
4. Finish editing my novel for possible publication.
5. Find freelance writing stints or a full-time job.
6. Practice yoga on a weekly basis.
7. Take daily walks.
8. Cook more healthful recipes.
9. Go to bed earlier.
10. Invest more time in friendships.
11. Go kayaking with E.
12. Transition to natural beauty products.
13. Buy a DSLR camera and learn Photoshop.
14. Find a church we love.
They're kind of random, and kind of not. Regardless, I want to focus on these goals this year. Now that E and I are officially moved in together, our relationship is also a bigger priority. I really want to focus on being more patient, more adventurous, and more intentional with him.
What's on your list for this year? Do you have any goals or hopes for 2014?